Translate

Saturday 2 May 2015

Guatemala Rocks

Spanish classes, hippies, trekking in Altiplano, sleeping in villagers' houses and washing in Temascal (traditional Mayan sauna), cimbing volcanoes, countless sunrises, liters of aguardiente Brahva, working on engineering project, hitchhiking, tuktukero(s), meeting awesome fantastic inspirational persons and reuniting with the old friends, getting stuck in a hostel for almost 2 months living with people who were more like a family, eating and inventing amazing vegetarian food and cakes (OMG! Diet, diet when I am back), earthquakes, thunder storms, book readings, Easter egg painting, private boats in the middle of the night, discovering the only (hidden) bar in the village, trying out traditional clothing and running in it along the streets without shoes, making alfombras, participating in Easter procession and selling cakes, tonns of guacamole, liters of coffee, dozens of watermelons and papayas, driving in a taxi with a drunk costarican - all of this Guatemala. Cannot believe I've only visited few places, just a half of standard gringo trail has been done. Still Guatemala was an unbeleivable experience that I will never forget (therefore, need to write it down, as I do not have that many photos). I will miss it. I cannot believe my Latinamerican adventure is over. I want to be back, I want to be in Moscow. I want Moscow to be in Latin America. I am about to start new chapter. Exciting.

I need to write about Guatemala!

1 comment:

  1. LOL ! You need to invent a way to transport a full city half across the world then ;-)

    ReplyDelete