Translate

Sunday 20 July 2014

Bolivia

As much as I hated Bolivia in the beginning (noisy La Paz, unfriendly town of Uyuni), as much I loved it at the end of my trip. It was really really hard to leav (well, as usual in fact). If I did not have another arrangement in Peru Jungles, I would stay longer, climbed all the mountains around La Paz, went to Jungles and Pampa there went to numerous National Parks for hikes.... so many to do there.



Here are a few observations from Bolivia

Bolivians wake up early.
Bolivians is the slowest walking nation. I am surprised they got to their final destination with their pace.
On the screen of cable tv arrow-mouse sometimes appears. Is somebody checking that first bolivian satellite is still there?
Skies are always clear (except the last few days when it is cloudy in the morning): there are no plane traces. It is not that there are no aviatransportation in Bolivia (otherwise this country will be blocked completely), I just do not know where they fly. And planes that I saw do not leave trace (shall I be worried?).
Girls have their first child very early, some at 13-15 yo. No wonder I look young for them (I was given 22-24!)
Family bonds, especially in the East of the country are not strong, a guy I met had a child with a woman of 23yo, but was living with a girlfriend who is 17yo. To be fair, a couple I stayed with in Sucre was together for 45 years, so, I guess all depends on economical status and education as everywhere else.
However, problem of teenage pregnancy and signle mothers with 3-5 children exists.

I also was told that engineers gain minimum 1500 $/month. I look young, I can get plenty of money (for Bolivia), shall I stay?..
The only thing is that short hair is not sexy. Damn.

Casa de la Democratia, La Paz

No comments:

Post a Comment