Translate

Friday 28 February 2014

A Month Of Travelling

It has been a month since I left Northern hemisphere.
It feels such a long time ago, I barely remember my life in UK, but the days sometimes go so quickly, so I do not have time to do everything I plan for them.
In one month my Spanish got better, I can do crossfit, rafting, read Cosmo and talk politics. Argentines suffer with me: I make them repeat and repeat phrases in Spanish until I understand. Sometimes it takes to repeat 5 times. Poor people!
Month overview?
Parting all night? - Checked.
Drinking mate with Argentines? - Checked.
Taking part in asado parties? - I haven't eaten that much meat in one go in my life.
Got burned on the beached of Uruguay? - Checked, checked, checked - I got all new skin now.
Walking alone in the jungle and watching wildlife? - Done that.
I guess the only thing I've missed is Parillas, but they are everywhere, I have another 52 days (according to stamp in my passport) to catch up.
3 weeks in Buenos Aires felt like months. This city became my home (not that I want to live there though). Portenos are different from people of the rest of the country as it usually happens with capitals.
Buenos Aires never sleeps, they only start going out at midnight, while in the regions everything closes at 11pm. I guess big cities are exempt - going to confirm very soon.
There are a lot of musicians in Subte who very often give good performance with musical instruments and mics.
The passangers are good audience, they always readily appload and give money (2 $ usually).
People read a lot of newspapers and are less plugged in than in Metro in Moscow.
They as easy as selling umbrellas (paraguas) in the street, as they run their illegal blue market business. On a rainy day around Florida street one only hears 'Paraguas, paraguas' mixed with 'Cambio, cambio' at every corner.
In their language saying 'Que linda' to a passing girl is just an acknowledgement of fact that a girl is passing by. You can hear it from everyone: from a young guy, almost a boy, to an old respectful man in business suit.
Buenos Aires is filled with farmacies, banks and beauty salons like Moscow.
In the banks there is always a queue of people.
It was an interesting month full of discoveries and mind broadening experience (euh, my Russian English, I wonder how google would translate it?). I am in power of European stereotypes, so when I see guys kissing eacher other when they meet, they become a bit gayish to me. They do not do it so often in the rest of the country though.
I do not have clear plan for the next X amount of months, let's see what happens. I promise to write about the most exciting events. Thank you for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment