Translate

Thursday 5 June 2014

Week 16, Part 2. Last Weekend In Santiago

Yes, I am back to my favourite city so far in SA (sorry, Buenos Aires!). This is my last weekend here and in Chile before heading to Bolivia.



Friday, 16/05. Culture in the city

Before leaving to Easter Island we (with an English girl form hostel) bought tickets to Teatro Municipal to listen to Orchestra de Chile concerto.
I forgot how powerful Rachmaninoff 2nd concerto is. Wondeful, beautiful, emotioanl piece of work. Pianist (Russian of course as well as conductor) was fantastic: how person can change that much while performing? He appeared tall, then as small as dwarf, than taller again.
Bethoveen symphony was interesting as well.

Reading nation


Teatro


Curious observation: no bis performance, after the Symphony audience left the hall very quickly. Strange. No flowers for performers too.

I missed this so much, cultural events during the travel. I am glad I was able to come to exactly this concerto. Happiness.
Finished evening with terremotto-french fries in the bar and beer in the hostel in a company of hostel staff (mostly).
Random observation: LA football commentators are specially trained to scream Goooooooooooool for minutes!

Saturday, 17/05. City tour (ish)

I finally went for free city tour in Santiago (deliberately this time), met there a girl I have seen in La Cueva de los Manos (how strange!). Was too tired from the night before, came back to the hostel. Quiet day.

Magic in the streets (taro experts)


Skaskaska


Sunday, 18/05. Sophie is here!!!

And we are in La Paz.

No comments:

Post a Comment