Translate

Monday 15 September 2014

Week 34, Part 2. Balconies Of Chacas

After coming back from the trek I headed to Chacas, where, I was told, Italian community lives.



Chacas is hard to access: there are only few buses a day and the road goes through high Punta Olimpica pass. Just this year a tunnel was built, so cars do not have to go all the way up. Although road is paved now, it is dangerous: there were so many slides on the way!
When we finally arrived, I could not believe what I was seeing: the place is beautiful! With all the woodwork and mountains surrounding the place, and talkative and friendly people. Weather was getting worse and worse, so I did not do many walks. But surprise! I met a woman for whom I worked in Caraz in hostel! Her friend were visiting, so they came to Chacas.
I did not do much there, just walked around admiring craftwork and talked with locals. Next day (note: it was Sunday!) I left to San Luis hoping to get to Chavin avoiding coming back to Huaraz.
San Luis is so close to Chavin! Just another 3 hours by road. And there is road. But there are no buses. So I bought ticket back to Huaraz. Weather is not getting any better, I got cold, and I could not hear anymore 'gringa', or even worse, 'gringo' behind my back. I am going back to Huaraz, taking 1 day tour to Chavin and going to the coast to finally leave for Ecuador.




No comments:

Post a Comment