Translate

Saturday 3 May 2014

Week 13. Unexpected Vacations

As of Friday last week I am working on the farm. So far so good: I am fed on time (or I feed myself), weather is nice and sunny, I do what I like as owner has been mostly away, we were making wine in the middle of the night and starts are fantastic here.
However, on Monday Mario told me that he has to go and help his friend for a couple of days, so I am free to do whatever I want for this time. And so I went to the coast.



Tuesday, 22/04. Back to reality

Марио помог мне придумать план на 2 дня моих "выходных". Я еду в национальный парк рядом с Олмуе залезть на гору, которую еще Дарвин покорял, а потом на побережье в Винья дель Мар и Вальпараисо.
Все складывается просто чудесно: я хотела съездить в Вальпараисо, но в связи со сложившейся там обстановкой, была неверена, когда и как лучше ехать. Ехать без рюкзака - просто идеальный вариант + от Олмуе легко добраться.
Автобус я с утра, конечно же, пропустила, но, чтобы не терять время, решила пойти пешком и попробовать поймать машину (ехала-то я туда час!).
Потерялась я минут через 15, поэтому ловить машину в Олмуе, когда я, возможно, иду в другую сторону, было бы странно. Машин все равно не было.
Через час один (и единственный мимо проезжавший за все это время) юноша остановился и сказал буквально следующее (перевод мой): "ыарпмыврамтдывлстьыщврпмиым подвезти? Ывлоапилфоываифо, ближе к Олмуе". Ээээээ. Ок.
В общем, до Олмуе я добралась только в полдень, в парк ехать было поздно, поэтому я, конечно же, стала искать ва фай (надо же прочитать ВК! 4 дня оторвана от общества!).
Нашла, познакомилась со странным чилийцем, уехала в Винью, не нашла там хостел, в котором планировала жить, поехала в Вальпараисо, познакомилась по пути с другим странным чилийцем, нашла хостел, поужинала, не видела признаков недавних пожаров (кроме безлюдного хостела).
Путеводители говорят, что чилийцы более закрыты, чем другие латиносы. Не заметила. Со мной на улицах в Аргентине так много странных людей не разговаривало, сколько здесь. Все врут путеводители.
Стремный город Винья дель Мар


Wednesday, 23/04. Valparaiso

I took a morning tour of the city. Met some new people. Finally some men travelling on their own (I think I've mentioned that it is normally couples or girls travelling).
An example of fine street art

We went for lunch on the market where it was supposed to be cheaper to eat after the tour. Funny to watch how waiters from different places fight for the clients. Our waitress was a worker of the month: except us 8 (or 7?) she managed to sell her 4 pounds lunch of soup, empanada, salad, fries and fish to a big group of local workers (or so they looked).

Market's cat
Of course, went to the Cemetery - look for updates in my collection!
I had so many people saying me that Valparaiso is dangerous place for tourists, that I was alert all the time, and when we went to see some graffity in the poor barrio of city and guy approached us asking whether we speak Spanish, I said No. Like it would stop him robbing us if it was his intention.

Scary barrio

I could not see much of the evidence of the wildfire. If I did not know it hapenned just last week, I would not know there was one. The only reminder is a huge queue in front of Fire station and people throwing away bunches of unused cloth.
Also hostels were empty: there was I and german family, girls from the tour were 3 in their place - all consequenses of fire.

Thursday, 24/04. Hitch Hiking

I came back to the farm. As there was no bus at a time of my arrival, I've decided to walk/hitch hike back.
It appeared that it was not I who decided to hitch hike, but drivers wanted to give me a lift. Once I have been on the road, every passing car horned at me. This means that they are ready to give me a lift. I ignored quite a few of them as I wanted to walk, then tourist bus dropped me at the crossing.
This was a challenging part: nobody goes to my village. But I was lucky: there was a car coming another way. Next moment I saw it horning at me. People actually turned their car to give me a lift! Who says Chilenos are closed and distant? They are wonderful, nice people.

Walking back


Friday-Monday, 25-28/04. En la granja

Fin de esta semana estaba trabajando en el granja. Estaba cavando la tierra para semillas, poniendo hueno (nueva palabra en mi vocabulario), haciendo irrigation (todos los dias, dos vezes!).
Creo que desde del viernes no tuvimos electricidad, entonces me acostaba muy temprano y dormio casi 10 horas por dia! (Me levantaba con Sol, pero es el otono, Sol no se levanta temprano).

What do we have here?
Al domingo una otra chica llego, pero you hize me decision y estaba preparando para irme a Santiago y despues al Norte por una semana.
Me gustaba mucho esto tiempi en el granja: yo descanse y mejore mi espanol (espero, que si), ahora estoy lista para continuar mi viaje!

No comments:

Post a Comment