Translate

Wednesday 11 February 2015

Week 48-49, Dec 16-24. Back To Cali

I came back to Cali after 10 days on the coast. Holiday season was apporaching and I wanted to spend it with someone I know rather then in completely random place. Besides, my salsa was not going anywhere, so I needed to work on it.




Guests
When I came back, guests staying for La Feria started to arrive, we had new volunteer, German (school)girl. We had Masa, Japanese life traveler and IT freelancer whi is into salsa and knows all the performers. Ron, former logistics manager from Holland, who now lives in Rio and rents short term flats and his friend-psycologist from Norway. These two came to date as many Colombian girls as possible (they succeeded on a 'date' side), June, 85yo American lady who comes to dance salsa 3rd year in a row for La Feria already, works on the farm and has more energy than all of us did.
This week I dedicated to salsa: I had lessons with Vanessa (my teacher from before) and Luz (owner of the school), I went to group classes, I was used as 'training material' by everyone in the hostel. At the end it gave results, I guess what I was lacking really is confidence and dancing with everyone helped a lot. I was happy I could move!
Work became harder and harder, we had more and more guests coming, I could not anymore sit and read/study Spanish during my shift. Cali became more and more colourful preparing for La Feria and Christmas.
There is not much really I can say about this week: it was all salsa, salsatecas, work and walking around Cali.



No comments:

Post a Comment