Translate

Friday 17 October 2014

Week 35, Part 1. Ancient Cultures

So rains started and had to leave mountains, but before I could leave Huaraz, I needed to visit Chavin: ruins of old civilization that existed long before Incas and spread its influence all over Peru, but disappeared few centuries before Inca's invasion.
This week proved to be very educational: I managed to visit another center of another pre-Inca culture the next day, but in a completely different place



Tuesday, 16/09. Chavin

Nothing much to say here: we were just a few gringos on the bus. Only one English girl did not speak Spanish, I acted as a translator when he did not feel like repeating in English. Peruvians are slow moving and always late, for this reason I was almost late for my bus leaving at 9pm: we were supposed to arrive at 7pm, but made it only by 8.30pm. Crazy running around Huaraz for the last time. Sad, but I am going to Trujillo.

Head-nails of Chavin walls
Wednesday, 17/09. Chan Chan

I arrived to Trujillo early in the morning, after a few hours sitting in the terminal waiting for the Sun to come up, I started walking trying to find buses to Mancora for tonite. After few hours walk, I bought the first ticket that I found (big mistake!), then I finally was off to explore the town. After loads of cups of coffee and market visit, I had nothing to do (it was only noon!), so I bought tour to Chan Chan - another ruins of another pre-Inca culture close to Trujillo. Afternoon sorted.


The only Trujillo photo I made

No comments:

Post a Comment