Translate

Sunday 6 April 2014

Week 10. Part 2. Lake District

I have decided to do 2 posts a week, so ou have less to look through and everyone knows that I am still alive. Did not succeed on this much: was too lazy.
I became very lazy somehow: prefer to stay inside and do nothing, rather than go hiking or cycling, or whatever. I do not write in Spanish anymore, I think in English, because it is easier to find words than in Russian (and als lack of practice).
Also this 'doing nothing thing' makes me bored. I was so excited a night I left Puerto Madryn! Staying in one place for more than 3 nights is boring, I need to move, I need something to be hapening. Not being on the road is boring.
From the other side, I miss some sort of normality in my life, habits, something I can do on daily basis, I miss routine. I am a mess as usual.




Friday 04/04. Autumn in Patagonia
It is autumn here, seems like end of September (which I assume it is). It is so beautiful. I like autumn.
It also makes me sad: it is after all spring on the other side of the world. Autumn always gives this feeling of the end. Another year is over and you have not achieved anything again, give up: it will never work.
Here is different, however. It is just April, a whole year is in front of you. I guess I prefer Southern Hemisphere season change, makes more sense in many ways. New school year also starts with New year.
Anyway, I arrived to El Bolson to a beautiful hostel on the outskirts of the town (fireplace and 2 hectar garden!!!). Went for a short walk around: it is all about mountains (of course), multi-colour trees and farms. OOOOooh, I'd love to do some farming so bad.



Saturday, 05/04. Lost in the Forest

I decided that I go for a long walk today, there is also a market in town from noon, so I decided to start off early to have enough time for everything.
Well... did you know that out of 2 available ways I always choose maybe the shortest, but definitely the hadrest way.
Going for a hike after it was raining all night was a big mistake. It was slippery, wet and nobody was there. Even visitor center at the waterfall was closed (and entrance costs 8$!).
I lost my way and was jumping from rock to rock, had to cross the river, cross it back, do some rock climbing, tresspass private property. I felt myself a pioneer, an explorer. And an idiot.
Finally I managed to come back to the village where I found cemetery (of course I would!) and suspicious suspended bridge that I (of course!) decided to cross. The road was a dead end so I had to come back.
I was attacked by the dogs, one even tried to bite me (and it did touch me with its teeth), but was attacked by another (smarter dog) that saved me.

This was the second time in my over-2 months travel when I got scared. Hate dogs.
After such a psycological trauma I had to have some recovery medicine, so i walked to the market and had the following (in this order):
1. 400ml x banana-blackberry milkshake
2. 2xflavours ice-cream
3. Vegetable pie
4. La Bomba:

I am holding the missing quater of this monster.
Recovery was successfull. I met people from my hostel, who apparantely also got lost on the same walk. Oh, well.

Sunday, 06/04. Lago Puelo

The morning looked promising so with a German girl from my dorm we rented bikes and cycled to the lake 18 km from our hostel. Road was beautiful with yellow cypresses loosing its leaves and mountains (wow! I did not know there where mountains!).
By time we got to the lake, it started raining and we had to listen long lecture from the park ranger about the walks in the park. Twice. He was nice, he wanted to make sure we understood anything.
On the way back we had some ice cream (chocolate with meringue and dulce de leche - highlight of the day I think).
And I officially hate dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment