Translate

Monday 14 April 2014

Week 11, Part 2. Going up North

There are so many English people in the hostel in Bariloche! Most of them are from Oxbridge. I love their English! I wish I heard more English like that when I was in the UK.
I also meet so many people from Gloucestershire: Nailworth, Cheltenham (Heatherley), Stroud, Corencester. Feels like all of them just followed me to South America!
Autumn, although beautiful, still depressing: cannot change my European state of mind here. I have decided to start 'yet another new life' (I started every 3 months or so I think?). I need to occupy my brain, it begs for work.



Thursday, 10/04. Strike, strike, strike!

Мелким убористым почерком мой сосед-англичанин пишет дневник. Не понимаю это их желание писать дневники в тетрадку. Они что действительно думают, что будут их перечитывать??
Сосед, похоже, только закончил университет и путешествует с другом на свой гап йер. У меня после работы с некоторыми интернами сложилось предубеждение против всех молодых людей из ЮК. Эти, правда, играют по ночам в шахматы и пишут дневники убористым почерком. Когнитивный диссонанс. Забавно.
Так как сегодня в Аргентине забастовка, общественный и международный транспорт не работает. Поэтому первым делом после завтрака я пошла (3 км - а как еще?) на автостанцию менять билет. Тут-то я и узнала, что через день в Мендозу ходят автобусы с 1м классом. Печаль и горечь: не поездить мне в 1м классе (он уже был выкуплен).

Пустая забастовочная автоснанция

По возвращению в хостел, я встретила английскую пару (Оксбридж!) и вместе и взяли такси, чтобы доехать до места, где можно залезть на гору. Гора была крутая. Но мы справились!




На обратном пути зашли в Мамушку на чай-тортик. Nice day in a good company.
На ужин ела эмпанаду со вкусом сибирских пельменей. Yummi!

Friday, 11/4. Fun way to learn Spanish

...is to explain how you would like to cut your hair and play Bingo in the bus.
The day was miserable, I was waiting for my bus in the afternoon, so decided as I have time I might as well cut my hair: they are too long, I can even make a pony tail!
Ths time I was prepared: I found a picture in the web, I have aske a girl in the hostel how I can say 'ears covered', 'frnge over eyebrows' and with this new knowledge headed to recommended hairdresser.
This time my head has even been washed, with massage (oooh, I miss Francesco!). Seemed like a guy got the idea, although our conversation was very brief (again, I miss Francesco)...
...now I look like Jean D'Arc before execution. Well, my fault: I have asked for shorter fringe.
The bus was ok: 3 meals, 2 stupid movies, Bingo. Bingo was provided by the bus company with a prize being a bottle of wine. I had just 1 numer left when game was over! I am sure I just missed it: it was hard to comprehend Spanish numbers, but it is a good way of learning them.
Funny fact: approaching terminal in Neuquen, I have seen Baker Hughes building, thought, oh cool, the rival.
Guess whose building was next to it? Just in front of the bus terminal! It follows me, my Nemesis.

Saturday, 12/4. The Wine song

I have arrived to Mendoze, main wine region of Argentina.
Maiou is where all the wineries are, so I headed there first thing for 'wine and bike' tour.
I have met Irish couple and Japanese guy on the bus, so we have done the tour together. They had recommended bike company (50 p$ for day??? - nowhere it was that cheap), where we were told that we should not deviate from the main road as it could be dangerous. Oh wow! I did not expect that.
The place looks dodgy, said and nothing like Cafayate, mountains are impressive, but the town looks sad.
The wine though, the wine is great: smooth, not to sweet, not too dry. If you ever see Trapiche winery white wine, try it. I started to like white wine there.


As I was tired after night on the bus, I could feel wine in my legs. Although it was not me who fell off the bike, but the Irish guy. And then Irish girl.
Other then that, they are very nice couple: funny and thoughtful and pleasant to talk with.
Another good day in Argentina.

Sunday,13/04. Cabalgatas

Al domingo por la tarde fui a cabalgata! Este era en mi to-do list desde del principio de mi viaje en Argentina, pero nunca podia hacerlo. Y ahora, durante mi ultima semana en este pais tengo un grande to do list para terminar.
Habia 5 personas: una chica de Irlanda (otra vez Irlanda!) de mi hostel, su amiga de Australia y una pareja de Canada y yo.
Tenia un caballo mas chiquito pero muy obidiente y simple siguio un caballo al frente.
La panorama del cielo el amanecer era muy hermosa, con muchos colores.
Despues de cabalgata teniamos un asado en la finca (y mucho vino tambien). Muy rico (Despues de una semana vegetariana en Bariloche) y mas tarde - la guitarra cerca del fuego. Tan lindo!
Me gusto mi primero dia en Mendoza, pero compro mi pasaje en santiago de Chile por el miercoles. Tengo solo tres dias mas in este hermoso pais,



When I was taking next photo my little pony decided to galop:


P.S. As you can see, I re-started my Spanish writing: this is my 'new life', one post in Spanish per week. I apologize for any inconvenience it can cause. My parents say that English-Russian translation is funny (hence, one post in Russian per week too), I assume Spanish-whatever language will be even funnier, especially when I make more mistakes in my Spanish than in English. Have fun translating (if you dare)!

No comments:

Post a Comment