Translate

Friday 4 April 2014

Week 10. Part 1. Wild Animals

Sunday 30/3. Sunday tea
Ok, I spent 3 days drinking tea (those of you who has FB should have seen my feasts), here they are:



1.

2.

3.

(The book on the last is The Professor by Charlotte Bronte - classy!)
I loved my 3 day stay in Gaiman: my bath, tea, walks in the countryside, picking fruits, sharing quirky jam recipes with old ladies. They always brought jam/fruits to show me after we have discussed it. It was so difficult to leave that place. Nice Welsh people, nice piece of land, that they fathers turned from bold tundra to gardens.
I am sad sad sad, but going to Puerto Madryn.

Monday 31/04. Sea lions

Sia lions! Sea lions! Aaaahhhhh! Ahhhhhh!!!

Happiness and sea lions.

We have been snorkelling with sea lions, another fear of mine defeated: having my head under the water. This one was hard to go over, to be honest. I started panicking first, we needed to keep in the team and I had water in my mouth that I could not get rid of. But I got used to it and it was fantastic - swimming with little sea lion puppies, they were playing with my feet, swimming by very close and looking at me. O. M. G.! Happiness.


Tuesday, 01/04. Orcas

On Tuesday with German girl that I met in El Chalten and another girl from the Netherlands (I have a feeling that there are more women travelling on their own than men) we rented a car and went to Peninsula Valdes to find Orcas. And we found them!
As well as sea lions, penguins, elephant seals, guanacos, choiques (ostrich), mara (big rat that looks like rabbit), armadils, and whoever else I forgot.
Do not have any photos as I did not have my camera with me, but one of the girls promised me photos in about a week time, so I am going to update this post later.

Wednesday, 02/04. Mountain biking

We came back late last evening, so I did not have time to book anything for Wednesday. I have rented a bike and went around the town with intention to reach Punto Lobo (where I was snorkelling with sea lions).
Instead I went off track and was jumping on the dunes. I still cannot believe I am doing this: going off the hill with no breaks, jumping on uneven road. I would never do it before. So why do I do it now?
I am so doing Death road now. Sophie, are you ready for this? Hope you have good insurance.

Thursday, 03/04. Penguins are the perfect couples

...They stay in the same couple until one of the partners die (then it will be replaced of course), share responsibility over the 'flat' (nest) and children, spend 6 month together, 6 month apart.

I had another day in Puerto Madryn before my bus at 9pm, so decided to do something useful and went to see more penguins, without wind this time. They were noisy! Look at this.

I think I finally optimized bus travel: 1 hour of reading the book (The Professor - it was free on Amazon, but it lost its sharm in electronic version), have dinner (provided) watching Secret Life of Walter Mitty, sleep until 7am and then wait and wait and wait for arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment